- This event has passed.
FIDO for format identification, and why it matters
10th May 2016 : 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
FIDO (Format Identification for Digital Objects) is a command-line tool maintained by the OPF and used for identification of digital files based on their PRONOM signature. This webinar will provide an update on the FIDO project by outlining recent improvements to the tool. We will also discuss:
- Why is format identification so important?
- What are some of the other tools that do file format identification?
- Why is there a need for different methods and tools?
- What factors are in play when choosing between tools?
- Sample workflows for file identification
Session lead: Sarah Romkey, Artefactual