- This event has passed.
Open Source with OPF: Digital Preservation at your Command – part II
31st Jan 2013 : 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
In Digital Preservation at your Command – Part I, attendees learned how to find content, create a checksum, identify files and create a basic manifest / profile.
This webinar shows the difference between the command line interfaces of MS-DOS, Linux and Apple. It explains how tools work together and how to create a custom directory listing command which adds file format information to its output. Similar results can be achieved in MS-DOS, Linux and Apple, there is no need to install anything.
The webinar covers:
- Comparison of command line interfaces (DOS, Linux, Apple)
- Invoking a command line application
- Input/output and redirection of a command line application
- Using command line applications to create custom functionality
This session is aimed at:
- Practitioners with basic IT skills looking to get some hands on experience of using command line tools perform some basic digital preservation tasks.
- Developers who are new to Digital Preservation, or inexperienced with the use of linux command line tools.
Maurice de Rooij, National Archives of The Netherlands