PASIG Mexico City 2019
12th Feb 2019 - 14th Feb 2019
The Preservation and Archiving Special Interest Group (PASIG) is dedicated to advancing the practice of digital preservation and archiving. It brings together practitioners, industry experts and researchers to share experience in a vendor-neutral forum on how to put preservation and archiving into practice, including:
- guidelines, best practice, assessment/audit criteria and standards,
- architectures, designs, workflows and deployments,
- tools, systems and services,
- trends, directions and emerging products/solutions,
- case studies, reviews and practical findings, and
- comparisons and choices such as community or proprietary, onsite or hosted, customised or standardised solutions.
As a forum, PASIG provides its participants three main benefits:
- Connecting practitioners with each other to share information, designs, and best practices.
- Connecting practitioners and vendors, to both inform market & product development, and help practitioners make the most of the best systems, components and expertise that technology and service companies can offer.
- Advancing the state of understanding, knowledge and practice of digital preservation and archiving among stakeholders worldwide, regardless of size, industry, content or relative maturity.
The community is above all focused on the practical aspects of digital preservation; while it discusses standards, it is not a standards-setting organization. Theory, research and policy discussions are also relevant, to the degree that they have a direct and tangible impact on current digital preservation practice. PASIG is a place to share practical experiences, successes, pain points, and, increasingly, a forum for fostering coordination and collaboration to enable the most effective use of our resources.
Registration details and other information can be found on the PASIG website.