- This event has passed.
IRMS Conference 2018
20th May 2018 - 22nd May 2018
For those who wish to be part of Europe’s premier conference on information and records management, this is your chance to present your ideas and share your experience alongside some of the biggest names in the profession.
Whether you have a new concept, a case study on a special project, or just want to talk on a subject that you are passionate about to a like minded audience, don’t miss out of this opportunity to present your ideas.
This year, we are inviting papers on the themes outlined below;
In line with our theme of ‘Back to the Future: From Best Practice to Innovation’ our main topic areas for 2018 are:
- Privacy and GDPR – Readiness for and compliance with law and regulation affecting privacy and data processing including the GDPR and the UK Data Protection Bill, PECR, The Law Enforcement Directive, Privacy Shield and Mifid II.
- Soft Skills – Skills and knowledge for the information and records management professional, including aspects such as career development, leadership, communication and documentation, team work, project management, contract management and problem solving.
- Technological Innovation – How new technological innovations can impact and support information and records management, including for example blockchain, smart contracts, artificial intelligence, visualisation, data analytics and the Internet of Things.
- Leveraging Information Value – How to implement information and records management best practices to ensure that information works for an organisation in terms of identifying, protecting and leveraging its informational, evidential, heritage and economic value.
- Deployment of Solutions – case studies from our vendor community on many aspects of information and records management
IRMS are also particularly interested in hearing about end user stories relating to for example:
– The creation of governance systems for records management and privacy, including policies, procedures, roles and responsibilities
– The implementation and ongoing management of EDRM / ECM solutions
– The practicalities of physical records management – scanning, space planning, disposal, re-filing, archiving.
Submissions are due no later than 10th November 2017