Job title: Digital Preservation Staff for University / TIB-archive materials
Hours: Full time (39.8 hrs hours/week)
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Pay scale group up to 13 TV-L
The Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology – Program Area A, being Content Development and Metadata, is looking to employ a Digital Preservation Staff for University / TIB-archive materials.
The German National Library of Science and Technology offer future-oriented services that ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research in science and industry. The services as a university library secure the local supply for the Leibniz University Hannover.
- Participation in the determination and evaluation of digital data available in the archive holdings as well as data offered to the archive for acquisition
- Preparation of recommendations for transfer procedures between the university/TIB and the archive of the TIB/Universitätsarchiv Hannover as well as for inclusion in the digital long-term archive
- consultative participation in the introduction of electronic file management systems/document management systems
- Modelling and implementation of processes for the transfer of digital data to the archive of the TIB/Universitätsarchiv Hannover
- Modelling and implementation of processes for an organisational and technical interface between the archive of the TIB/Universitätsarchiv Hannover and the digital long-term archive
- Analysis of digital data collections with regard to their file formats and risks as well as handling of faulty files in pre-ingest
- independent development and implementation of scripts to support all outlined tasks
- Creation and implementation of policies for all outlined tasks
- Collaboration in national and international networks
Desirable qualities include experience in the creation of preservation policies, and experience in working with a long-term archiving system.
For a more detailed description and how to apply please see the job posting.