The 17th International Conference on Digital Preservation, iPRES 2020, will take place on 21-24 September 2020 in Beijing, China. It will be co-hosted by the National Science and Technology Library (NSTL) and the National Science Library (NSL).
The conference organisers now invite proposals for papers, panels, posters, workshops & tutorials, lightning talks, demonstration and hackathons.
The central theme is Empowering Digital Preservation for the Enriched Digital Ecosystem, which covers the preservation challenges and practices for current of emerging types of digital content in traditional or emerging fields or applications. There are also 4 sub-themes:
- Exploring the New Horizons
- Scanning the New Development
- Enhancing the Collaboration
- Building the Capacity & Capability
- 15 March, 2020: All peer-reviewed paper submissions (including the Long/Short papers) are due by submitting through EasyChair.
- 15 March, 2020: Proposals for all the other peer-reviewed contributions such as panels, posters, demonstrations, workshops, and tutorials are due by submitting through EasyChair.
- 1 June, 2020: All peer-reviewed contributions will be notified of the decision of peer-review, together with reviewers’ comments.
- 1 June, 2020: Submission begins for Lightning Talks.
- 31 July, 2020: Revisions of the papers & other contribution proposals that address reviewer comments are due.
- 31 July, 2020: Revisions that address reviewer comments are due.
- 15 August, 2020: Acceptance decisions are made and authors are notified.
Post-conference revisions: Authors are encouraged to update their papers based on discussion during the conference. Final revisions after the conference will be due by 1 November, 2020.
To see the full call for contributions, visit http://ipres2020.cn/dct/page/70007.
The International Conference on Digital Preservation (iPRES) is the premier conference series on digital preservation. Since 2004 there have been annual iPRES conferences around the globe, bringing together researchers, archivists, librarians, content providers, technology providers, and other experts and practitioners, to share their recent research, development projects, implementations, practical experiences, and to enhance collaborations within the field and across the related domains.