The latest version of JHOVE is now available to download. JHOVE is an open source file format identification, validation and characterisation tool for digital preservation.
JHOVE 1.16 contains fixes and better handling of files in the PDF and WAV modules.
Other improvements include:
- Using string constants for PDF module, XML module, and HTML module error messages
- Added PDF and WAV test files submitted by community during JHOVE hack day
- JHOVE Maven artefacts made available on Maven Central in addition to OPF Artifactory
- Improved error reporting for Travis test failures
- Improvements to GitHub pages website
- Consistency and formatting improvements for README.md, RELEASENOTES.md and pom.xml
Read more about the PDF bug fixes and user testing: https://openpreservation.org/blog/2017/03/10/testing-jhove-pdf-module-the-good-the-bad-and-the-not-well-formed/.
Download JHOVE 1.16
Please download and test the software. Your feedback is important to help improve the software. If you have any suggestions, or would like to log an issue, please add them the GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/openpreserve/jhove/issues.
JHOVE is open source: it is free to download, use and modify. However, it is not free of costs to host, maintain, support or develop the software. JHOVE is one of the most widely-used digital preservation tools, but currently only OPF members support JHOVE financially as part of their membership fees.
How can you help?
- Become a JHOVE software supporter or OPF member;
- Make a donation to JHOVE development;
- Volunteer your time and skills by improving the software and documentation.
JHOVE (JSTOR/Harvard Object Validation Environment) is an extensible software framework for performing format identification, validation, and characterisation of digital objects. JHOVE is maintained by the Open Preservation Foundation with development effort guided by the JHOVE Product Board.
Subscribe to the JHOVE mailing list at: http://lists.openpreservation.org/listinfo/jhove.