Job title: Associate Archivist, Geneva, Switzerland.
Start Date: 2023-08-01
Job Posting End Date: August 14, 2023
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organisation dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for people forced to flee their homes because of conflict and persecution.
They lead international action to protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Today, UNHCR works in 137 countries. Long term, they work with countries to improve and monitor refugee and asylum laws and policies, ensuring human rights are upheld.
This role is to implement best practices for managing UNHCR’s information during the complete lifecycle, from the planning and creation stage until the disposition of temporary information or ipreservation in UNHCR’s archives.
- Implement programs for the organisation, preservation, integrity, authenticity, and accessibility of records.
- Apply UNHCR’s access policy to information and archives.
- Assist in the implementation and administration of records management, archives, and digital preservation platforms
- Assist in developing guidance and best practices on information and records and archives management.
- Apply records schedules to physical and digital records
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies for the digitisation of physical records for access and preservation.
- Assist units and offices in HQ and Field to transfer physical and digital information of long-term value.
- Participate in outreach activities
- Perform other duties related to the management of information and records, and archives.
Additional duties include records management, research and access, and digital preservation.
For a more detailed description and how to apply please see the job posting.