The most significant celebration of achievements in digital preservation draws ever closer with just one month left to enter the Digital Preservation Awards 2016.
Now is the time for you to send us your nominations and be in with a chance of being named the best in your field of expertise and receive recognition for all of your hard work – the deadline for entries is 12noon on Tuesday 26th July.
This year, alongside our five established categories, we will be awarding the Digital Preservation Coalition Fellowship:
- The Award for Research and Innovation recognises excellence in practical research and innovation activities. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
- The Award for Teaching and Communications, recognising excellence in outreach, training and advocacy. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
- The Award for the Most Distinguished Student Work in Digital Preservation, encourages and recognises student work in digital preservation. The prize includes attendance at an international conference, a trophy and a certificate.
- The Award for the Most Outstanding Digital Preservation Initiative in Industry, encourages and recognises the adoption of digital preservation tools and approaches in a commercial environment. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
- The Award for Safeguarding the Digital Legacy, celebrates the practical application of preservation tools to protect at-risk digital objects. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
- The Digital Preservation Coalition Fellowship, this new award will be presented to an individual, recognising a sustained and impactful contribution to the digital preservation community. The award includes a trophy, certificate and honorary personal membership of the DPC.
Please check the criteria for each of the categories and the rules of entry carefully before submitting your nomination to one of these categories.
The work of finalists and winners of the Digital Preservation Awards enjoys an elevated profile within the digital preservation community, with individuals and organisations often finding themselves in a much stronger position for further funding and future development.
The Digital Preservation Awards ceremony will take place on Wednesday 30th November 2016.
The Digital Preservation Awards is supported by some of the leading organisations in digital preservation:
Make sure you enter before the deadline of 1200 noon Tuesday 26th July 2016. Use the links below to find out more about how to enter.