Second call for Nominations: Digital Preservation Awards 2012
The Digital Preservation Awards celebrate the excellence and innovation that will help to ensure our digital memory is available tomorrow. It was first awarded in 2004 as one of the Conservation Awards and it has been presented on four occasions (2004, 2005, 2007 and 2010). 2012 is the 10th anniversary of the foundation of the DPC. To mark this occasion, and in recognition of the increasing diversity of digital preservation research and activity, DPC will offer four separate prizes in 2012
- DPC Decennial Award for an outstanding contribution to digital preservation
- DPC Award for Research and Development in Digital Preservation
- DPC Award for Teaching and Communicating Digital Preservation
- DPC / OPF Digital Preservation Challenge
This is the second call for nominations which are due for submission by 1200 on Friday 17th August. The judging panel is now also able to confirm the following dates associated with the awards which prospective applicants may wish to put in their diaries:
- Wednesday 1st August – Final Call for nominations
- Friday 17th August – Nominations Close
- Monday 8th October – Shortlist Announced, Palace of Westminster, London
- Tuesday 13th November – Shortlisted Candidates present to Judging Panel, London
- Monday 3rd December – Winner announced, Wellcome Trust, London
For more information including an application pack, see the Digital Preservation Awards online at: http://www.dpconline.org/advocacy/awards
Details will follow of the Digital Preservation Challenge.
By Becky McGuinness, posted in Becky McGuinness's Blog
There are no comments on this post.