The National Library of Luxembourg / Bibliothèque nationale du Luxembourg (BnL) is looking to strengthen the Digital Preservation Service attached to the IT and Digital Innovation Division. The candidate will be responsible for setting up a system to automate the export, transformation and synchronization of preserved documents to third-party applications.
The BnL catalogs and preserves the written national heritage and provides its readers with vast collections, touching all fields of knowledge. From its origins, it has been the country’s main scientific, study and research library. Alongside more than 1.8 million documents on paper, the BnL offers its readers an ever-growing number of digital documents, accessible 24 hours a day. The digital collection is developed on the basis of legal deposit and is supplemented by targeted acquisitions, which the BnL preserves using its digital preservation infrastructure.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Appraisal of the business needs of the BnL;
- Evaluation of the existing APIs of the preservation platform;
- Identification and evaluation of good practices implemented in other international heritage institutions;
- Development and documentation of components necessary to automate the export of documents;
- Assessment of potential integration into the existing infrastructure (a-z.lu search engine; the library management system; the eluxemburgensia.lu publication platform);
- Optimization of the technical solutions retained if necessary;
- Definition of automatic tests.
To learn more about the role and apply visit:
Applications close 28 September 2021.