veraPDF 0.12 released alongside first version of wiki validation rules
The latest software release features improved PDF/A-2b and PDF/A-3b validation and the fully featured REST API.
veraPDF 0.12 has the following features:
- PDF/A-2 and PDF-A/3 improvements: implemented checks for optional content, JPEG2000 requirements
- full compliance with BFO test suite (PDF/A-2b)
- PDF/A-1b fix: check for form field appearance
- code refactoring to enable PDF model implementation via different PDF parsers
performance and memory optimization
- full coverage of all predefined XMP properties
- The first version of the wiki identifying all PDF/A validation rules is available at: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-validation-profiles/wiki
- veraPDF-library project refactored into multiple projects
- PDF Box validator implementation in separate project
- Automated source packaging with dependencies
- Corpus test results published online
The veraPDF validation engine implements the PDF/A specification using formalisations of each requirement in PDF/A-1, PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3. The wiki determines each rule used by the software and provides details on the error(s) triggering a failure of the rule.
Download veraPDF 0.12 at: http://downloads.verapdf.org/rel/verapdf-installer.zip
Release notes are published at: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/releases/tag/v0.12.4
veraPDF is building the definitive, open source PDF/A validator. Please download and test the software. If you encounter problems, or wish to make suggestions, please add them to the project’s GitHub issue tracker. Your feedback is very important, it helps to improve the software.
By Becky McGuinness, posted in Becky McGuinness's Blog