veraPDF 0.8 now available
We are pleased to announce the latest release of veraPDF. Version 0.8 features a re-designed command line interface (CLI) for validation and feature extraction.
Highlights of this release are:
- Refactored plug-in architecture;
- Re-designed CLI for PDF/A validation and feature reporting;
- Supporting install scripts;
- Updated validation profile syntax;
- Simplified machine-readable report format;
- Synchronization with PDFBox 2.0 RC1 library.
The most important bugs fixed in this release are:
- comparison of Info dictionary and XMP metadata (PDF/A-1);
- support for missing resources and resource inheritance mechanism (PDF/A-1); and
- parsing TrueType fonts with zero-length tables.
Download veraPDF 0.8 at: http://downloads.verapdf.org/rel/verapdf-installer.zip
Release notes are published at: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/blob/release-0.8/RELEASENOTES.md
veraPDF will deliver the definitive PDF/A validator. Please download and test the software. If you encounter problems, or wish to make suggestions, please add them to the project’s GitHub issue tracker. Your feedback is important, it will contribute to improving the software.
By Becky McGuinness, posted in Becky McGuinness's Blog