The Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities (ACDH) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria’s leading non-university research facility, is offering a position as Data Analyst with expertise in NLP and Semantic Web technologies.
You will join an internationally networked team, pursuing research on the border between ICT and humanities studies. Your work will be focused on the design, implementation, and evaluation of NLP components in a complex technological environment as part of the institute’s engagement in DH research and infrastructure projects (especially H2020 project ELEXIS).
The ideal candidate has
- a thorough knowledge of Natural Language Processing tools and methods (primarily in
Python) with a focus on entity linking and word sense disambiguation
- a good overview of Semantic Web technologies (RDF, SKOS, LOD) as well as
- a familiarity with the guidelines of the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI).
We are looking for someone
- experienced in working in complex systems with a variety of technologies,
- with a high degree of creativity and a willingness to learn new emerging technologies,
- happy to work in distributed groups,
- ready to travel and
- willing to contribute to joint publications as well as to present at conferences.
The employment will start in November 2019 and initially run until 30 October 2020. The possibility of an extension is given.
The application deadline is Friday 13 September 2019
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.oeaw.ac.at/fileadmin/Institute/ACDH/pdf/news/jobs/ACDH_DataAnalyst_0719.pdf.