The Open Preservation Foundation is pleased to announce that the full veraPDF 1.24 release is out now! veraPDF is an open-source, industry-supported PDF/A validator and part of the OPF reference toolset.
This release is made up of enhancements, technical maintenance and bug fixes:
- Added support for the processing of PDFs within zip archives.
- The GUI now has a cancel button to allow the user to halt processing.
- The new –progress parameter enables command line progress reporting.
- A new –config parameter allows users to pass their own configuration files, plus various bug fixes around configuration handling.
- Support for Jakarta and Spring Boot 3 for Java 11+.
- Support for JSON feature reporting.
- Support for PDF 2.0 namespace and standard structure elements with additional PDF parsing bug fixes.
- Fixes of unhandled exceptions in malicious PDFs.
- Assorted minor bug fixes.
To learn more about the new fixes and features, read the release notes.
We invite the community to download and test the release candidate. Please report any bugs on the veraPDF issue tracker on GitHub or contact us with any feedback or questions. Internal testing of the release candidate is also being carried out, and there may be a few small changes before the final production release.
Our thanks go to all contributors, particularly the Dual Lab development team, for their work on this release.
veraPDF is an open-source PDF/A validator covering all parts of the PDF/A standards. Originally funded by the PREFORMA project, veraPDF has been sustained and maintained by the Open Preservation Foundation since 2017. Dual Lab provides active user support and carries out maintenance and bug fixes. The PDF Association’s PDF/A Technical Working Group continues in its role, resolving ambiguities arising from veraPDF’s usage in the field.
veraPDF is free to download, use and modify to meet your needs. However, there are ongoing costs to host and maintain it. If you use veraPDF, please consider supporting its development by becoming an OPF member or making a donation.
Subscribe to the veraPDF user mailing list.