Following on from the iPRES presentation: “Wikidata: A Magic Portal for Siegfried and Roy”, this webinar will explore in more detail how you can use Siegfried and Wikidata for file format identification.
We will look at:
- What Wikdata and Wikibase are and why that’s important.
- How Siegfried and Roy harvest and store Wikidata information.
- How Roy contributes to a signature development workflow in Wikidata.
- How to interpret Siegfried results using the Wikidata identifier.
- How you can contribute to Wikidata.
- Using Siegfried with a local Wikibase instance for your own testing purposes.
Ross Spencer – Ravensburger AG
Kat Thornton – Yale University Library
Both Kat and Ross are happy to field questions about the development and understand ways it can be improved for you. We will have special guests (Euan Cochrane and Richard Lehane!) on hand to delve deeper into any adjacent topics that might come up.
OPF members receive exclusive access to our webinar archive and priority webinar registration. Any remaining places are made available to the community – to find out when places are released, sign up to our mailing list or follow us on Twitter.